Marc understands the importance of a strong defense to both our national security and our local economy. As a member of the House Armed Services Committee, he is a consistent champion of our military and the North Texas defense community. He has passed legislation to increase funding for both the V-22 Osprey and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and he will continue to ensure that our military is prepared for today’s challenges and tomorrow’s.
More from Marc on Defense:
- Since joining Congress, Marc has helped bring over $18 million in federal defense and security grants to the Metroplex, including funding for training and recruitment for firefighters and police officers.
- Annual U.S. Service Academy Forum: Each year Marc joins representatives from all five U.S. service academies (U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, and U.S. Air Force Academy) to host an event for youth to learn more about our nation’s service academies, requirements for admission and the selection process.
- National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA): As a member of the House Armed Services Committee, Marc has been a key author of the bipartisan National Defense Authorization Act, which sets the budget and priorities for the United States Department of Defense.
- Marc is proud to have passed six bipartisan amendments to the FY16 National Defense Authorization Act, including: his effort to advance immigration reform by requiring the Department of Defense to evaluate how Executive Actions regarding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program and prosecutorial discretion for undocumented immigrants currently residing in the U.S. would impact our nation’s military readiness if these individuals are made eligible for enlistment. Marc is also proud to have passed on a bipartisan basis an amendment to increase digital upgrades to the V-22 Osprey by seventy-five million dollars. Marc led the fight to increase funding for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, successfully adding funding for at least six additional aircraft to House appropriations legislation.
- In 2017, Marc was named by Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi to serve on the conference committee for the FY18 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), a bill that authorizes funding for the Department of Defense for the next fiscal year. The conference committee is made up of Republicans and Democrats selected by their parties to negotiate any differences between the House and Senate versions and develop final language for NDAA FY18.