Press enter to search

Endorsed by the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram!


Directory of Representatives

Also referred to as a congressman or congresswoman, each representative is elected to a two-year term serving the people of a specific congressional district. The number of voting representatives in the House is fixed by law at no more than 435, proportionally representing the population of the 50 states. Currently, there are five delegates representing the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. A resident commissioner represents Puerto Rico. Click here for a list of all U.S. Representatives. Learn more about representatives at The House Explained.

General Sources on Congressional History

Determining if You Have an Eligible Casework issue

If you are experiencing a problem with a federal agency then my office can assist you. Federal agencies fall under the authority of the federal government, not state or local governments. Please consult this official A-Z list of federal agencies to determine if the agency you are experiencing difficulty with is federal. Some common examples are:

  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • Social Security Administration
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  • Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

If the agency you’re dealing with is on the list, we’re happy to help by intervening on your behalf to ensure that your case is handled appropriately, efficiently, and respectfully.  While my office can act as a liaison between you and a federal agency, we can in no way circumvent the laws, regulations, and procedures set forth by federal law.

Texas State and Local Government Issues

If your issue is with a Texas State agency or if it concerns a judicial matter, unfortunately I cannot assist you.  If you are experiencing a local or state related issue, I would encourage you to contact your local or state representative.  As a Member of the United States Congress I do not have jurisdiction to intervene on state and judicial matters such as:

  • Child Support
  • Motor vehicle registration or loss of license
  • Welfare
  • State taxes
  • Child custody
  • Divorce
  • Unemployment benefits
  • Criminal trials or imprisonment

Contribute to help us get our message out and win:

*If you've saved your information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately.